Općina Polača
About
The old church of Saints Cosmas and Damian was built in 1836 southeast of the centre of Polača, beside the village cemetery that still surrounds it. On its western side stood a bell tower with two bells. The larger bell, cast in a Split foundry in 1923, carries the inscription "Kroz milenij drugi glasi, Hrvatsku nam Bože spasi". The church was thoroughly renovated in the summer of 1982, then mined on Christmas Day 1991 and again on 10 August 1992. Rebuilding on the same site began after 1995.




